Elevate any sandwich or salad with these delicious pickled banana peppers!
2 cups white vinegar
2 cups apple cider vinegar
1 cup sugar
1 teaspoon mustard seed
1 teaspoon celery seed
1 pound banana peppers, tops removed then sliced into rings
1) Bring the vinegar, sugar, mustard seed and celery seed to a rolling boil.
2) Pour brine over peppers to within ½" of the top.
3) Wipe off the rim and put lid and ring on.
4) Leave for 1 week or longer to let peppers marinate (if you can wait that long!)
5) You can also follow proper canning procedures and then process them in a water bath canner if you prefer. Follow the USDA guidelines for proper sterilization and timing. Be sure to verify that the lids have completely sealed down if storing on the shelf. If you aren't sterilizing the jars, keep them refrigerated.
Recipe adapted from: https://www.thecountrycook.net/easy-pickled-banana-peppers/